Marijn Rooke has specific knowledge in the field of privacy, data, IT and health law and has extensive experience in assisting clients in these areas. He describes himself as decisive, solution- and people-oriented.
Education & work experience
- Marijn obtained his bachelor’s degree in Dutch law at the Radboud University in Nijmegen and completed his master’s degree in health law at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam
- He previously worked at a boutique firm focusing on data protection in the healthcare sector and later as an attorney at a medium-sized local and large international law firm
- He was seconded to Unilever, the Association of Netherlands Municipalities (Vereniging van Nederlandse Gemeenten) and Zorg van de Zaak.
Areas of work
- Advising and litigating on (complex) privacy and data protection law issues
- Advising and assisting clients in the event of data breaches and in enforcement proceedings instituted by the Dutch Data Protection Authority
- Advising on the use of personal data in life sciences & health care, including for scientific research and in the context of quality registrations
- Advising on and drafting commercial contracts, including IT agreements
“At associate level, Marijn Rooke is a key contact for disputes concerning data breaches” (source: Legal500).
Marijn is a member of the:
- The Dutch association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR)
- Young Privacy Lawyers of the Netherlands (JPAN)
- Association for Data Privacy Law (VPR)
- Association for Health Law (VGR)
Privacy & Security, IT & IT-outsourcing, Health Law
Nederlands en Engels