At the European and national level, the right to privacy is enshrined in laws and regulations. This includes both the right to respect for privacy and the right to protection of personal data (consider the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR“). Closely intertwined with this is information security. After all, the protection of personal data stands or falls with information security. However, information security is broader than this and is regulated by separate (sector-specific, national and European) laws and regulations, such as the NIS2 Directive and DORA.
In this area, we advise and assist clients in legal proceedings. We also support clients in the event of requests from or investigations by regulatory authorities, such as the Dutch Data Protection Authority. In addition, we regularly provide customized or non-tailored courses and training (also in-house) in the field of privacy law and information security.
We offer the following services, among others:
- Strategic advice on handling personal data within an (international) organization;
- compliance programs, including intercompany agreements, data transfer impact assessments (DTIA or TIA) and other required documentation;
- Drafting and reviewing, for example, privacy policies, privacy statements, data breach procedure or protocol, processor agreements;
- Assistance with data breaches, including correspondence with data subjects, the regulator (AP), affected customers and suppliers;
- Preparation and review of data protection impact assessments (DPIA), including implementation of resulting measures;
- assistance with requests from the Personal Data Authority, a complaints procedure and on-site investigations;
- support for requests from data subjects, such as a request for inspection, deletion or rectification; and
- (in-house) privacy training for lawyers, HR and marketing, among others. These include general privacy compliance training courses and specific training courses on, for example, role allocation, contracting and data subjects’ rights.
We also have in-depth knowledge of the intersection between privacy law and health law. We would appreciate the opportunity to engage with you in order to discuss, at your convenience, the ways in which we can be of assistance to you. Get in touch with us via our contact details or leave your details via one of the buttons below.